Thursday, July 14, 2011

My First Dye Job - Success

No, not my hair, a dingy old jacket that I never wore unless I was staying home, cleaning, or working out, but now I can wear it to work... and I did!

So first I have to say thank you to Nina at Momma Go Round for inspiring me here!

So I basically followed the directions on the Rit box, so no special tutorial, just read the box and you're golden!

Here are some before and after pics:

Pretty plain Jane huh!

The lighting is bad which isn't helping it's case, but even in the greatest light it sucked.

This outfit isn't flattering and I probably won't wear it again but I was comfortable

It's really comfy and I love how the white threading stayed white while the rest turned bright yellow

Me again!

So don't be afraid to try this at home. It totally worked and I'm beyond happy with the results!

P.S. I promise I've lost almost 25 pounds, I know it doesn't look like it in these pictures but seriously I have!!

3 comments:

  1. Such a fun color! Live how bright and cheery it is. I really should do this with a jacket I have sitting around that I can't figure out how to wear. Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so awesome! i love yellow. and my threading stayed white as well on my green skirt. love that too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cute! I love the color! :)

    Lei
    White Sky Project

    ReplyDelete